We were founded in 1850 as the First Baptist Church of St. Anthony. We have changed our name three times, to Olivet Baptist Church in 1879, and finally to University Baptist Church in 1922.
At UBC you will find:
- A progressive, open, theologically diverse and biblically-inspired environment that welcomes people from a variety of religious backgrounds.
- A commitment to racial and ethnic diversity and gender equality within our membership and leadership.
- A congregation that has many people from the University Community—Students, staff, professors, alumni.
- A congregation interested in creativity and asking the hard questions of faith.
- A congregation where you don’t have to check your brain at the door.
- A congregation that is very interested in peace, justice, inclusion, authentic and relevant religious expression.